Sunday, November 25, 2007

More Craft Show Finds!

I was only able to mention some of the finds from Felt Club's Holiday XL craft show in L.A. on the 18th. I shared my plush finds and some goodies I brought home for my kids. I had a blast shopping for myself, naturally, and snapped up some terrific pieces of jewelry to adorn myself this holiday season!

I just adored the jewelry and artist at J-is for Jewelry! There are two designers who create very different styles but equally fabulous! One artist creates silver and colorful enamel pieces, of which I bought these two necklaces (one for me and one for a gift, so if my friends are reading this and you receive one, act surprised).

I had my eye on a ring but my big size 8 fingers couldn't fit into any of them. The artist prefers to do rings to order so they fit properly so I plan to have one made special!

The other artist creates pendants with little, tiny dioramas inside. I saw her on HGTV's Crafter's Coast to Coast (I tivo all the craft shows, zip through them, and keep the ones I like.) I remember being fascinated by the process of getting little people and animals to stay in the resin. When I saw them in person I just had to have one for my self. (Since taking the jewelry class I have an even greater appreciation for the work that goes into creating pieces of unique art jewelry.) I chose this zebra pendant.

My photos don't do this justice. You have to check them out yourself!

1 comment:

Bear and Bird Boutique + Gallery said...

Great stuff! I already contacted them to ask about getting the stuff into the boutique! Thanks for the tip! :-) —Amanda