Thursday, November 8, 2007

Art School Happenings

Nothing like instant gratification when it comes to jewelry making. Some of the gals in my art school jewelry fabrication class spend an entire 6 week session working on the same piece of jewelry (of course they are fabulous!). What separates me from the true jewelry artists is my desire to wear the stuff home from class! Today while my friend and I played with various texturing mediums for holiday gifts for our friends I worked on my own prototype. I used a sterling silver sheet (I feel brave enough to work with the good stuff and graduate from the copper and brass)and created a thin, hammered bracelet. By the end of class we had found the right texture for our bracelets (wire mesh) and I have a pretty addition to my ever-growing accessory drawers.


Not a great photo, but you can get an idea of the fun I have each Thursday. And don't you just love my Cathy of California pincushion in the background?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you receive the package?

When you do...let me know!
Bethany
(http://qwingk.blogspot.com)