Sunday, October 21, 2007

Searching for Halloween Treats

I am insane and allowing my son to host a Halloween party for his friends next Sunday. My house is full of dust/residue from the decorate netting and web that we purchased at the Spirit Halloween store. Is that stuff healthy to breath in I wonder? Hopefully the kids will be retro enough to play some games like pin the nose on the pumpkin and bobbing for apples (or biting them from a hanging string so I don't have to worry about the wet costumes and mess. Some parents are just not that cool about letting their kids get messy these days.) Need snacks. Need snacks other than popcorn in rubber gloves and peanut butter crackers with pretzel stick legs to make spiders. Finger sandwiches (something to be shaped like a finger?) I have been looking for something creative - the Make/Craft Halloween edition had amazing group of cakes with white chocolate 'ribs' that are way too sophisticated for 7 and 8 year olds and where I live the parents don't generally eat cake in public. Direct me, please, or I will be forced to shape rice krispy treats into pumpkins. Need ice cream now.....

1 comment:

BeckyKay said...

My birthday is in October. One year, my mom sent orange finger jello cut into pumpkin shapes with me to school for a treat.