Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sheer Determination to Crochet

I want to learn to crochet those cute amigurumi animals. And the food - all of those adorable yarn donuts and cups of coffee. I just needed to learn how to crochet.

I have an obsession with craft books and magazines, so of course I have begun to amass some with crocheting topics. Searched and studied online tutorials. I finally took some basic lessons from my mom, who has always been able to whip up blankets and sweaters crocheting and knitting. I began with a granny square. And I kept going.

I can make a blanket eventually, although the store no longer has the green.

Mom didn't know what an amigurumi was so I gave her one of the patterns I have been collecting until I can use them. She whipped up this panda:


I will practice and practice. Watch for my progress.

No comments: