Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Vacation Craft Project

I have been wanting to know how to crochet cute little amigurumi critters for quite some time. Which is why I learned to crochet in the first place. I collect Japanese craft books that I can't read but love the pictures. I lurk and read lots of crafty blogs and have even purchased a few owls from artistic crochet masters. What I like about crochet is that it is forgiving - if you make a mistake or don't like how it is looking you just pull the stitches out!

I found a fabulous little book called Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful. The directions and diagrams seemed easy to follow so I attempted my first cute creature.

Voila! My version of the featured hamster pattern - french beret and all! I took my crochet hook, pattern, and a ball of yarn on the plane to the Northeast. A great craft to pass the time on the constantly delayed flights!

No comments: