Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Time to Sew

I don't know where the time goes, but I find time to sew.
I taxi the kids, substitute teach, live in the grocery store (and suck in the cooking department, according to my oldest son and everyone else). I have found time to make a few crafty things in between (literally).

My aunt in Arizona is a fabulous quilter and gave me a gift of three nesting, quilted zippered bags that are just darling! She then sent me the directions and I just had to try them.

With a child home sick one day this week I was able to experiment with machine quilting fabric and using different kinds of interfacing. I had the best results with fusible pellon fleece. I then worked on the medium sized bag in between lasagna baking stages. Most of the sewing got finished before I had to take off the foil to brown the top.

Here is the bag zipped closed.


I chose a nice batik pattern with a contrasting pink lining. I played around with inexpensive fat quarters I had in my stash in case I ruin anything.



I couldn't wait to email my photos to Arizona. So proud was I. Everyone will be getting these bags for the next gift occasion! I just need to remind myself to make jewelry. I am trying to get my etsy shop up and running. I need to price and post my pieces already! And I am thinking about sending some samples to the Sampler. And the kids are out of school for the summer next Thursday. Oy!

No comments: