Friday, August 17, 2007

Delicious Inspiration

I binged on many Japanese books in the decorating and crafts section of Kinokuniya bookstore in New York City this week. I can't read Japanese but am absolutely enamored by the photographs. They are creatively inspiring! Kinokuniya is a two story bookstore in Rockefeller Center that has a huge selection of books, magazines, cards, gifts, wrap, plus a bit of t-shirts, toys, and more! They have a website but it entirely in Japanese and not very graphic.

I first read about the Jeu de Paume books on the decor8 blog. There is a flickr site that she found that were photos inspired by these books. I made a mental note and found them at Kinokuniya This book is called Ateliers de filles - Ladies' artists studios. Gorgeous!
Chambres l'enfants de Paris - Childrens Rooms in Paris is another book with fabulous photos that are a riot of vibrant color. I don't even have a need to decorate a childs room anymore but see so many inspiring ideas for myself.
My son and I felt very cool munching on the delicate Japanese Pocky snacks that were sold at the counter. We opted to try the chocolate mousse and dark chocolate flavors over the more unique flavors that we couldn't read. They are addicting!

1 comment:

M. Patrizio said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love Kinokuniya! Supposedly there is another Japanese bookstore on 45th street that I need to go check out.
You made some good selections!