Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Many Happy Returns - with Journal Pages

I can't believe how long it has been since I paid attention to my blog. Not that I have ever really focused on it. Although I have kept on with it, I have yet to focus on one single aspect of blogging. But I have fun with it, so tough!

Now that the kids are back to school (hurray) I have time to accomplish things during the day. Of course very little of the things that I accomplished have to do with personal enjoyment. Except exercise. I went back to the gym. Have you tried Zumba classes? They are dance type exercise classes with a Latin flair. So much fun! The hour flies by, I sweat and never look at the clock! A lot of back to school volunteer time fills my days. And my son's bar mitzvah preparations. And preparing to move. It's all good.

I have been keeping up with the collage group. I love it. We get a sheet of images and need to use at least three. I am so amused at what pops into my head when I am playing around with the pictures, colors and textures I have to work with. It seems I have a social commentary going on in my work. Great fun!


These were my latest collages. I look forward to Fridays when I get new images. I play with them over the weekend or on Mondays. Final writing and drawing gets done when I sit at my son's drum lessons. I bring my little journal bag with the pens and crayons inside.

My wish now is to take a workshop - one of those great, super creative workshops with inspiring instructors and phenomenal projects. Maybe even travel to one. Not much of that in South Florida. One can only dream.

No comments: