Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nantucket Bliss

I am a temporary empty nester, as my kids are away at camp for a few weeks. My husband and I decided to vacation in a relaxing place that neither one of us had ever visited. Nantucket was a wonderful getaway and pleasant surprise. The food was beyond good and the people were nice (very colorfully dressed and preppy with dispositions to match.) There were lots of nice shops and galleries to peruse, which is always welcome especially since there will be no swimming in cold New England water for me. I found some great places and saw some wonderful art. This is a place where basket weaving and scrimshaw got it's start, so it is an artistic place in many ways.


A cloudy afternoon gave me the opportunity to visit Cheryl Fudge's Fashion Camp. A boutique on the first floor and 'camp' workshops upstairs. I chose a piece of gently used clothing to decorate (a light weight hoodie) and scoured their bins of tshirts, ribbon, fabric, and patches to create my own Nantucket souvenir. I pinned the pieces where I wanted them and they will sew it and send it to me.

How cute is this!

Such a nice getaway. Nice weather always helps, of course.

No comments: