Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Decorating and Paintings (mine!)

Where has the time gone? I had no kid home for a few weeks and made a long list of things I wanted to get accomplished, places I wanted to go, movies to see, etc... Well my younger son comes home this weekend and my list didn't get much shorter. I did find some time to enjoy my new craft room and that has been a joy. I have been collaging and sewing and just 'making stuff'. Joyful and relaxing!

My friend Christie, who is a talented interior designed, came over to help rearrange my decorative things this week. I had pulled lots of books, vintage pottery, framed photos, and more out and we moved things around. What she added to the mix was a few paintings that I did recently. Like we all read in creativity books and blogs - I am fearful of having my art 'out there'. To be judged and compared. I let myself be soothed by the fact that she chose to put them out, so they must be okay and acceptable! I find this humorous, as I always self-analyze myself. So I am facing my fears and displaying my art in my living room.



No comments: